Perk Up Your Winter Look with These Bold Red Lipsticks
Red is my all time go to lip color but never more so than during the winter. Why? Easy. Red lipstick as my friend Aliza says is “caffeine for your face”, it perks you up and makes you look alive, and lets face it, we need that in the cold, bleak months of winter.
With so many options in the market today, I’ve made it super easy by listing out here my top 5 favorite red lip sticks. These are lipsticks I own and use personally and in some cases own multiples of since I am notorious for misplacing lipsticks.
1. NARS Hardwired Lipstick in Deadly Catch – There are TONS of red shades from NARS that I love but this limited edition color from the 2014 Holiday Collection is awesome. It’s deep, rich, and works great with varying skin tones.
2. Too Faced Melted in Melted Ruby – Is it a gloss? Is it a lipstick? Nope, its the perfect combo of both and is great when you can’t decide between gloss or stick. Plus its super easy to apply.
3. COVERGIRL Colorlicious in Succulent Cherry – This new shade is quickly becoming my daily pick. It’s bright but not overly so, which means it works good with my fair complexion.
4. Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish in Hannah – When I want fully on shine and pouty lips I reach for this this lip polish. I stumbled upon it during one of my recent Sephora hauls and it has quickly become a great way to add a touch of diva drama to my look.
5. Hard Candy All Glossed Up in Red Minx – I LOVE lip crayons. Like seriously they give me so much joy. I love this shade from Hard Candy as its red it great “run around town doing errands” red and it goes on so smooth. Its perfect (plus its only $5)!