Nicholas K Spring 2016 #NYFW
And we’re off folks. New York Fashion Week has officially begun and as is tradition the week kicked with brother/sister design team Nicholas K.
For spring the designers were inspired by all things aviation including free falling, base jumpers, parachutes, and zeppelins. The end result brought silhouettes from the 1920’s into the 21st century with bold color palettes like sunset orange, aerial blue, nimbus white.
The signature draping was present in the form of skirts, dresses, ponchos which used materials from parachute nylon, herringbone cotton, and dip dyed silk. Adding edge to the looks were harnesses and a new collaboration with Teva showcasing the ‘luxe’ edition sandals.
Behind the scenes, Macadamia Hair styled the models with a chic back knot. In just a few steps, Celebrity Stylist Giannandrea was able to create a modern twist on the Asian classic top knot.
1. Slightly damp hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from the roots to the ends.
2. Section hair from top of head to ears, combing down from the part. Take back, large sections and blow dry using a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
3. For heat protection and added shine, apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Sprayonto dried hair. Run a flatiron through all sections to straighten hair.
4. Gather all hair at the nape of the neck using the paddle brush and create a tight, low ponytail. Secure the ponytail in place with an elastic and reinfoce with pins.
5. Then, secure the weft of extensions onto the elastic.
6. Take a small section of the weft to hold aside.
7. With remaining hair in the pony, create a loose loop and secure with another elastic.
8. Wrap the small section of loose hair around the elastic, securing it with a pin and spray the Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray for lasting placement.
#style #Fashion #NicholasK #NicholasKSpring2016 #FashionWeek #NewYorkFashionWeek