New Year, New You – 5 Beauty Items to Kick-Off 2014
While I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions I do believe a new year is a great time to try something new and there is no easier way than changing things up in your beauty routine. We’ve spent our holiday break testing and trying some of the latest and greatest in the beauty world and think these 5 gems are perfect for the new year.
1. CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara – Its hard to miss this mascara given its bright pink packaging which is good because this new mascara gives you can’t miss lashes. This two-step mascara features a volume boosting formula followed by lash intensifying top coat that gives you those have to have “wet look” lashes that is straight from the runway.
2. NARS Multiple in Orgasam – Now this isn’t a new product by any means but I have recently fallen in love with the NARS Multiple stick because frankly any item that I can use on my eyes, lips, and cheeks quickly goes to the top of my must have list. This handy little beauty wonder comes in 12 shades however the Orgasam shade is this some kind of magic as it tends to work on just about any skin tone and gives you that perfect plink flush glow. Keep it in your purse or desk at work for quick after-work touch-ups.
3. Hair Detox by Angelo David – Just like everything else with your body, beautiful hair begins on the inside, with this in mind celebrity hair stylist Angelo David Pisacreta of Angelo David Salon has created Hair Detox to help you get your best hair ever. Made with 100% natural nutrients and herbs that were selected for their abilities to minimize stress, hormonal imbalances and nutritional deficiencies. As a result, Hair Detox not only helps improve hair health and growth, it addresses many possible causes of unhealthy skin and nails. Also try the new VOL product line for healthy, voluminous hair.
Everything in our body is connected, you have to be conscious of your daily diet and health it shows in the skin but not a lot of people know the impact it has on our hair. Anything that you put in your body will have an overall effect on your skin, hair, and nails. – Angelo David Pisacreta
4. Columbia Healing Cream – Winter is deadly on skin so it’s important to keep your skin nice and moisturized. During the dead of winter aka January/February I need some extra help and that is wear this healing cream from Columbia comes in. Full of fabulous stuff like pure cold pressed Aloe which means that powerful little cream helps to keep your skin looking its best when Mother Nature is at her worst. Entertainista Tip – Keep a tube of Columbia Healing Cream by your shower and apply as soon as you dry off to help keep moisture in your skin.
5. M.A.C. Oval #6 Brush – Right before I left for north VA for the holidays I hit up the M.A.C. store and fell in love with an odd looking brush that one of the makeup artists was using for everything from foundation to powder. It’s called the Oval #6 Brush and it basically looks like a fancy giant toothbrush, but don’t let its looks scare you because this brush is pure magic. Made with synthetic fibres and titled brush angle this brush not only allows you extend the use of foundation (allowing you to use less product) but due to the compact nature of the bristles gives you a flawless almost airbrushed finished. I was even able to go straight from foundation to contouring without switching tools.