Monday Makeover: June/July Favorites
It’s really hard to believe that summer is almost gone. I feel like I was just writing about how excited I was that the weather is warming up and now here I am talking about my favorite beauty products from the last two months. These past few months have been all about summer beauty so naturally my favorites list is 100% going in that direction.
1. Soften Her – Let’s face facts, shaving our legs sucks. Soften Her is great for the in between, when you don’t really want to shave but your legs feel like a cactus. Just lightly massage the pads along your legs and it make those prickly legs relax just a bit. Just make sure you don’t press too hard while using otherwise you might irritate your legs.
2. Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturizer Spray – Dry skin is just not sexy and if like me you live in a city with constant summer humidity, than you know that traditional body lotions take forever to dry. This why I’m loving this moisturizer spray from Vaseline. It goes on quick, is lightweight, and dries as soon as your rub it in. My favorite is the Aloe formula as it soothes skin that may have been in the sun too long.
3. bodyblender by beautyblender – The worst part about applying self-tanner is that you have to use your hands. Well the folks over at beautyblender are saving the day once again with the new bodyblender. Used in the same manner as our favorite beauty sponge, just wet with water and use to gently blot the tanner onto your skin. I would recommend using a tinted self-tanner formula is you’re going to use the bodyblender and gels do tend to work better than lotions, but overall this new sponge has saved me from Oompa Loompa hands.
4. NARS Tahiti Bronzing Powder – Laguna – Bronzers are part of my daily makeup routine and the past few weeks, I’ve noticed I’ve been reaching for the new Tahiti bronzing powder from NARS. This bronzer not only gives you a nice, warm summer glow, but also fills in pores and fine lines to give you a more polished look.
5. Jay Manuel Beauty® Skin Face Lift Finishing Powder – If you’ve wanted to try the new strobing trend but are afraid of looking like a reflecting lens might I suggest the finishing powder from Jay Manuel Beauty. Just lightly dust this power on your cheek bones and on your cupid’s bow for a nice highlighted look.
6. essie gel setter duo kits – The new trend in at-home manicures is a gel polish that doesn’t require the UV lights. Not wanting to be late to the party essie has introduced the new gel setter top coat. What I like about this, is that it is formulated to use with ANY essie polish vs. the other brands that require a unique polish to be used with the gel top coat.
7. NKD SKN Gradual Glow Daily Tan Moisturizer – At the beginning of the summer, I like to use a daily tanning lotion to help bring my skin out of the pasty winter white gradually. The lotion from NKD SKN works great, dries super fast and the best part is no self-tanner smell.