Makeover Monday – May Favorites
Its hard to believe that we are already 6-months into 2015, time has been flying by, and seeing as it is June let’s recap my favorite beauty products from May shall we.
1. Alterna Bamboo Beach Protective Cream ($22) – Alterna has once again given me a new must-have hair cream. Not only does this protective cream offer UV protection against summer sun but it also gives my hair a nice summer shimmer. As a bonus, the fruity, coconut scent leaves my hair smelling like a beach side cocktail.
2. Flower Volumizing Mascara ($7.99) – Now when it comes to my mascara shade I usually go for the blackest black I can find, however my new BFF is the Black Cherry shade from Flower Beauty. I’ve found that the subtle purple/pink color will make just about any eye color pop. Plus the 3-way brush makes lashes look fuller and longer.
3. Herbal Essences Body Wash ($5) – I DARE you to find a body wash that smells better than Herbal Essences. Not only do they get you all squeaky clean but you’ll smell so amazing you won’t even need to apply extra perfume afterwards.
4. Too Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer ($30) – I try a lot of bronzers, but there one that just keeps me coming back for more. Beach Bunny is the perfect mix of beachy bronze and summer glow without overdoing it. It’s especially great for us on the fair side as some bronzers just make us look orange.
5. Sephora Travel Makeup Brush Kit ($68) – When I take quick weekend trips, I try to keep it as light as possible which is why this brush kit is oh so perfect. This kit has everything from foundation and contour brush to cheek and eye brushes. Just keep it (and a brush cleaner) in your weekender bag so you’re ready to jet off anywhere.
6. COVERGIRL Clean Makeup Wipes ($5) – Like most gals, I live and die by makeup remover wipes, so much so I have a small arsenal of them so I never run low. A new favorite of mine are the Clean wipes from COVERGIRL. They get everything off and I mean everything and like my skin refreshed and just moisturized enough that I can go a few minutes before applying moisturizer.
7. Mederma Scar Cream + SPF 30 ($19.99) – Anyone who has ever had surgery knows that rule #1 of scar maintenance is to keep it free and clear of the sun. That rule however becomes a bit of a kill joy during the summer months if, like me, your scar(s) are on the arms or legs. Thankfully my favorite scar cream now comes with SPF 30 so I can lay poolside without any worry.