Get the Look: Katy Perry at the 2015 Met Gala
Singer Katy Perry hit the 2015 Met Gala red carpet donning a short black pixie wig and a bold dress courtesy of Moschino designer Jeremy Scott.
Katy’s longtime makeup artist Jake Bailey gave us the tips/tricks to her Met Gala look at home. “I wanted to create big dramatic eyes and went with a tawny, neutral palette on her skin, cheeks and lips and let the dress take care of the bright colors. “
To get Katy’s look, follow Jake’s steps below.
1. I began by buffing a small amount of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in shade, L5 all over her skin and neck to neck with a small kabuki brush to create a sheer glow on her skin.
2. I started the eyes by tight lining the upper lash line with COVERGIRL Intensify Me! Liquid Eyeliner by LashBlast, focusing it in the lashes rather than on or above them. This creates “invisible definition” to the eyes. I then used the COVERGIRL’s Eyeshadow Quad in Go For the Golds to create a golden bronze wash of color all over her lids and blended softly all the way to her brows. I used the darkest shade in the palette and blended it from the outer corners of her eyes outward toward the temple to elongate.
3. Added two coats of new COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara by LashBlast to her top and bottom lashes for a gorgeous, false lash look.
4. I finished the eyes by shaping her brows with COVERGIRL Bombshell Pow-der Brow + Liner in Medium Brown.
5. Lastly, I blended COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Spices onto her cheeks. I used the paler half of the compact on the apples and cheekbones and the darker half to contour under her cheekbones.
6. To complete the look I shaped her lips with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipliner in Smoky and coating them with COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Tempting Toffee.
Images via Getty