Get the Look: Katy Perry at Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show
Whether you were a fan of Katy Perry’s Super Bowl Halftime show there is one thing all of us can agree on, her makeup was flawless.
Perry, who performed in looks custom designed by Jeremy Scott, looked to celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey and COVERGIRL to provide her with a makeup look that would be fierce, flawless, and work with multiple costume changes.
Want to get her look at home? I’ve got all the details how to achieve it in nine easy steps.
1. To create a sheer and flawless canvas Jake began by buffing a dime size amount of COVERGIRL Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige all over Katy’s face and neck.
2. For an elongated cat eye he used COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx and painted a glitter adhesive just above the black liner and carefully placed a mix of gold and silver glitter on the adhesive with a tiny eyeliner brush for precision.
3. Next he applied COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes to add warmth and dimension. “I love this palette because it takes the guesswork out of getting gorgeous eyes, it has number for the shades – 1,2,3,4 – so I know just how to apply!” Bailey used the fourth shade to define the crease and the first shade to highlight the lids.
4. He finished the eye look with an aggressive lash curling and two coats of new COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black that left her lashes voluminous and touchably soft throughout her performance! No time for flakes during this performance.
5. To give her brows shape and structure, Jake added COVERGIRL Pow-der Brow + Liner in Dark Brown.
6. For extra dimension, he warmed her cheeks using COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Roses using the lighter shades on the apples of her cheeks and the darker shade in the hollows of her cheeks
7. Then Bailey added COVERGIRL truMAGIC Luminizer to her cheekbones and brow bones for a shimmery glow.
8. Moving on to the lips, he lined and shaped Katy’s lips using COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Hot. Next he applied a coat of new COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Seduce Scarlet – truly a classic red, for a classic Katy look.
9. Finally he topped it off with a tiny dollop of COVERGIRL Lip Lava in Mauva Lava for a fun and bold lip look!
#JeremyScott #JakeBailey #GettheLook #GettheLookKatyPerry #Covergirl #Beauty #SuperBowl #KatyPerry